Sunday, September 4, 2011

Preparedness, Lets get some.

In light of the recent Hurricane that swept the Eastern Coast, I've decided to start having Preparedness Tuesdays. Our family didn't fair to poorly. Our camper was still standing when we got back from my mom's house and we didn't get hit hard at all there. Just some wind and rain.

Over the last week though I've heard of people who were with out power for 2-6 days. Others had a generator that stopped working and left then in the dark. Some people had large trees land of their houses and others just had kids that were board to death because they had no electronics. I even heard of someone who was prepared for a disaster with a years supply of food storage. (Wheat, rice, flour, pasta etc) Yet without power they had no way to cook any of the food they had stored.

Every Tuesday for at least the next month or so I'm going to do a post on something that has to do with being prepared for the unexpected.  I already have some ideas for posts and am excited for this Tuesdays post.

I will get the Irene aftermath pictures off my camera and online in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment