Monday, September 19, 2011

Arrr Me Mateys!

Ahoy! It's International Talk like a Pirate Day. What could possibly be more fun than pretending to be a pirate for a day? This isn't just for this kids you know, adults should jump in too. It's the one day a year my kids are allowed to use the word "poop deck" as many times as they want with out getting in trouble.

Not savvy on pirate lingo? You can get the basics from talklikeapirate.com. And what good is pirate talk if you don't have a good pirate name? You can make up your own name for the day or use a pirate name generator like this one.

I did happen to come upon a funny YouTube video by Captain Dan and his Scurvy Crew called "Rap like a Pirate". I debated long and hard whether or not to embed the video in this blog post or not. I finally decided not to. It's funny but I'm not sure it's something I would want my youngest children watching so I'm choosing to only link to it. I hope you enjoy. (And if you find it suitable for your lass and laddies, let then rap like a pirate too.)

You can find fun pirate games online too. Check these out or Google to find your own. Need a pirate costume? No prob. You can grab your self one here.

Avast ye blokes, hoist ye main sails and enjoy International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment