Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lamentations of the Father By Ian Frazier

Love it! My dad read me a print out of this a few weeks ago and ever since I've really wanted to have it framed so I can hang it on the wall in our house when it's built. I looked it up on YouTube.com first but when my dad heard me listening to it he told me where he had found it online.

Ian Frazier does an amazing job reading this. (Why wouldn't he though? He's the one who wrote it.) He brings such life to the already very funny poem. I can  relate to a lot of the things it says too.






I will put the link to the text as well. It was featured in Atlantic Magazine in 1997.  The link will bring you right to the poem. The title of this piece is: Laws Concerning Food and Drink; Household Principles; Lamentations of the Father  By Ian Frazier. I hope you like this as much as I do. It's genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment