Thursday, August 18, 2011

Banana S'mores

What a fun great way to get your youngsters to eat some fruit with their dessert. I personally dislike the taste of bananas but found that a warm banana covered with melted chocolate and gooey marshmallows hit the spot. I ate every bit and found myself wishing I had opted for a whole Banana S’more and hadn’t decided to share. In fact, I might just have another one today.

Ingredients:
·         Banana
·         Chocolate Chips
·         Mini Marshmallows

You will also need tin foil, a knife, an oven or grill, a fork to eat it with and plenty of napkins.

Start by peeling the banana and slicing it length wise down the middle. Put the banana on a piece of tin foil big enough to wrap it in. Place as many chocolate chips and marshmallows between the banana slices as you can. Wrap the tin foil around the banana s’more and either bake or grill it for a few minutes. I baked mine in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes. It smelled wonderful and tasted great although next time I think I will give it a few more minutes because the marshmallows weren’t gooey enough. (Make sure it’s cool enough to eat, you don’t want to burn your mouth.) It’s a bit of a messy treat too so a fork and napkins come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment